Gum disease is a leading cause of tooth loss among adults, and we can treat it at Wetaskiwin Family Dental in Wetaskiwin. But how much do you really know about it? Test your knowledge to find out!
1. Which of the following are risk factors for gum disease (periodontitis)?
d. Genetic make-up
2. Which of the things listed below are possible signs of gum disease?
a. Teeth that seem to be longer
b. A change in the way dentures fit
c. Loose teeth
d. Tender gums
3. Which of the items below are possible health problems linked to untreated gum disease?
b. Low birth weight babies
c. Parkinson’s disease
4. What percentage of men and women age 65+ have gum disease?
5. Which of the following procedures are used for gum disease?
a. Scaling and root planing
b. Soft tissue grafting
c. Flap surgery
d. Flip surgery
1. All of the above. Pregnancy, menopause, or any other condition that causes hormonal changes is a risk factor as is any type of malocclusion.
2. All of the above. Note: some patients don’t observe any symptoms.
How did you do?
Gum disease usually responds successfully to treatment—especially if caught early. If you haven’t seen a dentist in a while, or have been noticing problems with your gums or teeth, please give us a call at Wetaskiwin dentist. We provide gum disease treatment, orthodontics, and a full range of dental services. Make an appointment with us today.