Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss among adults. The good news is that gum disease is treatable at dentist in Wetaskiwin, if it is detected in the early stages.
Regular check-ups with us are important, but there are warning signs for gum disease that everyone should be looking for.
- Gums that bleed frequently
- Gums that are tender, swollen, or very red, or gums that have visible pus in between them when they are pushed
- A bite that changes suddenly so that your teeth don’t seem to fit together correctly
- Receding gums
- A bad taste in the mouth or chronic bad breath
- Loose or separating teeth
If you are experiencing these symptoms, call us today. Since plaque causes gum disease, removing plaque through regular flossing is the key to healthy gums.
At Wetaskiwin Family Dental in Wetaskiwin, we treat gum disease and serious conditions like TMJ/TMD treatment. Schedule an appointment with us today.